Just me...





I am a daughter,sister,wife,mum & nan.I have 3 wonderful children & 2 very precious grandchildren.I am always inspired by my family & one of my loves is baking& I love to bake for them.

Baking is therapy for the soul.....lol


~~ ~~ As a child my families menu consisted of two choices: Take it or Leave it ~~~Buddy Hackett



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dinosaur Cake ...


My Grandson wanted a Dinosaur cake for his 5th Birthday so I decided I would try & make it myself.This is the first time I have ever tried anything like this & was very nervous !!!! I am happy with the result & the good thing was I worked with chocolate bisciut cake rather that Maderia ( pound) cake,it was easier to shape....lol.

Chocolate biscuit recipe

175 g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
250 g dark chocolate, (55-70% cocoa solids)
280 g rich tea biscuits
85 g Crunchie
85 g KitKat

1. Lightly butter your cake tin. Combine the butter, syrup and chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave, or over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
2. Whiz the biscuits in a food processor to coarsely textured crumbs. Alternatively, pop the biscuits into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin.
3. Stir the crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture and add the crunchie and kitkat. Mix well, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down lightly.
4. Refrigerate until firm.


I used a 9" square cake tine for the base & a pudding bowl for the mountain/volcano,I then halved the cake from the pudding bowl to make it look like a mountain/volcano...lol.





I then put on a layer of  white fondant to smooth the cake out somewhat before I put on the green layer...



The I covered the mountain/volcano section seperately ...



One that was done I covered the base in green & the mountain/volcano in brown ( could have went a little darker on the brown....lol) & put some grey on the top to make it look rocky...lol



Then I used some grey fondant to make some rocks & used a dinosaur to make footprints on the base ......




Then I added some bushes  made from Patchwork Dino cutter set .....




I then added the Dinos & some lava from the mountain/volcano....lol ........








And most importantly the Birthday boy enjoying his cake :)




Thanks for looking :-)

Jeany

No comments:

Post a Comment