Just me...





I am a daughter,sister,wife,mum & nan.I have 3 wonderful children & 2 very precious grandchildren.I am always inspired by my family & one of my loves is baking& I love to bake for them.

Baking is therapy for the soul.....lol


~~ ~~ As a child my families menu consisted of two choices: Take it or Leave it ~~~Buddy Hackett



Friday, September 24, 2010

HALLOWEEN COOKIES

No it is not a typo,yes today I baked Halloween cookies with my grandson just because he bought the cutters yesterday....lol.
Being the crazy grandmother I am I agreed & learned much in the process......Example that yes I can finally make cookie dough,do not attempt to decorate without outlining first.....lol.Little lessons but hugely valuable :):)


 Firstly I had my little chef onboard & finally allowed him to use the mixer for the first time,in his words " Being 5 is all about learning & how can I learn if you don't allow me Nanny" well what can I say I allowed him & he is well capable :):)


 Picture of our perfect cookie dough,maybe the fact that a 5 yr old made it with me might have something to do with it being perfect....lol


Rolled out & ready to chill for 2 whole hours,we baked cupcakes whilst we waited ;)




 Finally chillin time was up & we got to cutout the cookies :)




 Finally baked & outlined after lesson learned....lol




Colours I mixed for the cookies....


Icing on & ready to decorate :)



Chief taster :)

 & may I add bowl licker....lol,as a child this was my favourite part of baking with my mum :)


 Thanks for looking

Jeany x

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this blog Jean, trouble is I get hungry every time I visit LOL

    ReplyDelete