Just me...





I am a daughter,sister,wife,mum & nan.I have 3 wonderful children & 2 very precious grandchildren.I am always inspired by my family & one of my loves is baking& I love to bake for them.

Baking is therapy for the soul.....lol


~~ ~~ As a child my families menu consisted of two choices: Take it or Leave it ~~~Buddy Hackett



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ladybug cupcakes .............



Baked these with Darragh today after school,he loved making the sugarpaste lady bugs...lol.He is such an avid little baker,today he decided we shouldn't use the mixer so we mixed all the cakes,buttercream by hand :)......

We started off with basic mix but just enough for 12 :)

4 oz Plain flour
4 oz Caster sugar
4 oz Butter
2 Free Range eggs
I Tsp Baking powder

Bake in fan oven at 155 for 20 mins...


Also made enough icing for just 12 cakes

113 gr of Butter
200 gr of Icing sugar
Sugarflair party green colour ....


Apply buttericing to cupcake with butter knofe or icing knife


Smooth out the icing



Get a desert fork & splash effect on the cake ( couldn't find my icing nozzel to make the grass...lol)





Add your ladybug to the icing ....



Sugarflair Red poppy colouring & Americolour Black colour for the sugarpaste ladybugs


Make small red balls with the red paste,flatten & shape a little for the body,the place a line down the centre...





Make smaller balls with the black paste for the heads,attach with a little water ...


Paint black dots on the body & allow to dry ....






Finished result is mouth watering cupcake with a handsome chief taster :):)







Thanks for looking :)

Jeany

No comments:

Post a Comment